WRAPture Installation Day 2
Day 2, Sunday, April 20 â€” Anacostia River Festival
- Second day of WRAPture installation. Viewing hours 1-7 pm.
- From 1-3 pm, Slideshow in Anacostia Arts Centerâ€™s Black Box Theatre, featuring the sari workshops in Washington DC and Bangladesh.
- From 3-5 pm, climate change poetry and spoken word open mic at Anacostia Arts Center (lounge or street)
- From 5-6:30 pm, Reception in Anacostia Arts Center
- Activities and engagement for all ages
During viewing hours, Monica Jahan Bose and WRAPture participants will be continuously on site to speak to visitors.
INSTALLATION: The temporary project is for the duration of one afternoon/early evening, on three separate dates during Spring 2019, including April 4, April 20, the day of the Anacostia River Festival, and May 9. The buildings to be wrapped are at the corner of Good Hope Road and MLKJR Avenue, specifically 1227 and 1231 Good Hope Road SE (Anacostia Arts Center and the adjacent Anacostia Business Center), and 1918, 1920, and 1922 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave, SE (the We Act Radio, Check It, and District Culture buildings). The wrapping dates are weather dependent, so stay tuned for rain/snow dates.
This project is funded by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, Public Art Building Communities Grant Program.
The project is also supported by our community partners Anacostia Arts Center, We Act Radio, Mayor’s Office on Asian Pacific Islander Affairs, WPFW, and Mom’s Clean Air Force.
Lead Artist: Monica Jahan Bose
Project Manager: Amy Lokoff
Marketing and outreach strategy: Karen Baker.